Social Media Tips
Social media is a great tool for connecting with friends, family and colleagues and asking them to support you with a donation! You might be amazed with some of the donations you receive from people you would never expect.
Like Us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Instagram
- Facebook: AACR Foundation; Twitter: @AACRFoundation ; Instagram: @AACR_Foundation
- Ask your team captain if your event has a Facebook Group (AACR Runners for Research, AACR Revolutions for Research)
- Best Times to Post: 8:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 10 p.m.
- Worst Times to Post: Weekdays, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Ways to Create an Engaging Post
- Share Your Personal Page: Keep your personal page updated (why you are participating, how long you have been participating, etc.) - this will draw more people to your page. Once they read your story, they will be more inclined to donate.
- Update on Your Fundraising Goal and Status: "I am at $190! I am just $110 shy of reaching my fundraising goal! Please consider a donation to support cancer research!" Don’t forget to attach your personal fundraising page URL.
- Share Why You Are Participating: "I’m running for my Grandpa Jim who was diagnosed with [cancer type] in 2012 and passed away a few years later. Please support me, so we can help others like my Grandpa."
- Update on Your Training: "Took an amazing spinning class this morning! I am really looking forward to November now!"
- Let Your Pictures Do the Talking: Post a picture/video (1 minute or less) of you training or at a fundraiser. Let your friends and family see all the training you’re doing for the event. Photos and videos make the act of fundraising more personal and will be more likely to donate. You can also swap your profile picture and cover photos with our logos.
- Recognize Your Donors: If a Facebook friend donates to you, be sure to mention them in your status! Just type @ + their name, it will then show up in a drop - down box. Choose their name to tag them.
Hashtags and Handles
- #Runners4Research, #CuresTogether, #PedalToBeatCancer
- Facebook: @AACRFoundation; Twitter @AACRFoundation; Instagram @AACR_Foundation
- Check with your team captain to see if there are any event specific hashtags